Asgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asgard of Zikel

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

What are you currently following?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

What are you currently following? Empty
PostSubject: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:29 pm

Hey guys, curious what everyone has been following this season. I'm currently tracking:

Tears to Tiara
This show is really good so far. Its about 24 episodes in, and takes place in an mmo style world. Medieval period alternate time kinda thing. The storyline so far has been getting very good, won't go into any spoilers but it follows the story of a small village getting conquered by leading nation. They end up meeting up with an ancient god, and joining forces to rebuild a lost kingdom to fight back against the current super power. The fighting scenes are excellent but a little short, very good character development, and its moving at a very nice pace. Nothing to fast, or drawn out. I'd give it a 7 out of 10 at the moment.

Canaan
This show is another good one. Although I believe it is going to be short (seems it will end before 14 episodes) it has been very sweet. Following the events of a news reporter mixed up in a terrorist conspiracy, there is no lack of action or suspense. Canaan is a character in the show, with a troubled past growing up as a trained assassin, with a unique ability to see "colors" called Synthesia. Using this ability, she fights against the terrorist organization known as the "Snakes". 7 out of 10 from me, short and sweet.

Valkyria Chronicles
This show seems to veer off course from it's video game counterpart. I can't say for to much certainty, as I have yet to finish the game, but there appears to be subtle changes in the way the story is told, but similar outcomes. Taking place in an alternate early 1900s time, the show takes place on a continent known as Europa. Focusing on a small country known as Gallia, which is in the center of a large war being waged by its 2 neighboring super powers, The Federation of Europa and The Imperial Alliance. Gallia, being stationed between these 2 countries, is a prime target by the Imperial Alliance for its abundance of "Ragnite", a precious mineral used for powering machinery. The story follows the life of Welkin Gunther, son of a hero from the first Europan War. Leading through his drafting into the military to his path on following in his heroic father's foot steps, this show has been very played out to date. Currently up to 24 episodes, I give this an 8 out of 10. Definitly worth checking out.

Spice and Wolf: Season 2
Continuing from the first season, Spice and Wolf 2 starts out where the first season left off. Continuing the story of Horo and Kraft Lawrence, it dives right back into their journey to the north, and Horo's hometown. Taking a more emotional approach early on, the first few episodes are a bit more dramatic then the first season. Picking up speed as the show goes on, this seems to be turning into just as good a story as the first season. 7 out of 10 from me.

Bleach
I'm sure everyone knows about this show. Following the life of Ichigo, a normal human turned shinigami (Death God) by certain circumstances, the story is currently in another filler arc. Not following the past filler style however, this current arc is extremely interesting and very well done. I will not be judging this show as a whole, as certain arcs *cough bountu cough* would go no higher then a 5, I currently give this filler arc an 8 out of 10. If you're a fan of the seriers to date, you should love the current story being told.

If anyone is interested in following these shows, check into www.bleachexile.com. They have a plethora of animes coming straight from Japan. Download speeds might be a bit slow, but if you're willing, donating a simple $5 will net you access to their faster speeds and less wait times between downloads. Definitly worth it in my case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.asgard-aion.forumotion.com
Yagaru
Peon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:37 pm

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Haruhi 2009
Bakemonogatari
Spice and Wolf II
Shangri-La
Tears to Tiara
Hayate no Gotoku - 2nd Season
Valkyria Chronicles
Koukaku no Regios
Asura Cryin'
Souten Kouro
Higashi no Eden
Sengoku Basara

Some of these shows aren't really finished being subbed by the groups that I want to watch. I could probably watch the raws, but I don't feel like it. The shows aren't in any particular order, either.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Hows Asura Cryin and Shangri'la? I've seen them being release on BExile, but haven't checked them out yet.
Back to top Go down
Yagaru
Peon

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:42 pm

Shangri-La is good, but kind of weird. CO2 is a big problem! Asura Cryin' is...I don't remember, because I haven't watched any episodes in a while and I was only about halfway through the season. It's not amazing by any means. Could use more robot action, but maybe that's later on? Bakemonogatari is awesome, at least while Hitagi is around. It's a show by SHAFT if you know what that means.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:45 pm

Ya i've been watching Bakemonogatari too, very awkward show, but really draws you in lol.
Back to top Go down
Latulla
Peon
Latulla

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:27 pm

I've been so out of touch with Anime Lately :/

I still need to finish Gurren Laggan T_T

I have been watching FMA: Brotherhood

any ideas what I can get into next? I have a HUGE collection of anime that I've watched 3 times over and then some with certain titles. I'll make a list of what I own!!! might take a while <_<
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Check out bleachexile sometime man, they have a ton of good new ones.
Back to top Go down
Latulla
Peon
Latulla

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:19 pm

Aesir wrote:
Check out bleachexile sometime man, they have a ton of good new ones.

free bleach anime watchings?
I've been reading the mangas on onemanga.com just read 374 the other day. Cant wait till they're that far in the anime.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:19 am

no, Bleachexile.com has about 400 anime shows. All of which you can download for free.
Back to top Go down
Latulla
Peon
Latulla

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Surprised!!!

I'll have to go check that out

EDIT: DL'ed 5cm per second last night, watched it today T_______T my eyes!!! they tear like waterfalls!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Latulla
Peon
Latulla

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:22 am

Started DLing off that site Very Happy

getting the first episodes of the ones you mentioned above.

Also...is there a way to by-pass the waiting inbetween DLs :/!??!

and as for english dubs? no go there huh? I don't care either way just eaiser to watch/listen while working on other stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently following?   What are you currently following? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you currently following?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Asgard :: General :: Anime-
Jump to: