Asgard
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asgard of Zikel

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Open Beta Server and Game Release

Go down 
+4
Quexal
Aesir
Latulla
Eisley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Eisley
Admin
Eisley

Open Beta Server and Game Release Empty
PostSubject: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:42 am

Our legion will be located on the Zikel server, please use that one during the Open beta and for release
Back to top Go down
Latulla
Peon
Latulla

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 1:37 am

hurray we have a home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 am

After NCSoft's goof up listing Zikel as Western server, we were considering moving to an Eastern to fit with CST and EST schedules, but NC has now fixed their goof and Zikel is an Eastern. Thus, we will be staying on Zikel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.asgard-aion.forumotion.com
Quexal
Peon
Quexal

PostSubject: hrmn :(   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:06 pm

Heya...
So ... umm... I'm gonna try to play on Zikel w/ you guys but if I can get better ping times outta the western servers I think that I'll have to go there... During open beta (after all the fixes) I was still seeing ping times in the 300ms-400ms range.. which did hinder me a bit when grouping... and I can see it being a BIIG problem for me when PvP'in...

So... that said... on release day I'll be there, but I'll make a decision quick-like and I'll let you know!

- Qxl
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:32 pm

Alright man, hopefully the pings are good and see ya on launch Smile
Back to top Go down
Longy
Peon
Longy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:55 pm

well if you do decide to stay west side, i'll be on kaisinel. i'm not sure if the rest of the guys who were on there will stay there but we had a pretty good group of guys and i'm in the bay area so i need a west server. so good luck to those of you in the east.
Back to top Go down
Quexal
Peon
Quexal

PostSubject: bah.. ncSoft is liars!   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:23 pm

Bah... so I just decided to search the aionsource forums to see if NCSoft has posted the 'physical' location of the servers...

Aand... of course... the "west" coast servers just have different server times set...

ALL of the servers are located in Washington DC!

This means that my ping times should be the same regardless of which server I choose... so... hopefully I'll be seeing ya on Zikel...

3 more days!
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Well that sucks you're ping might be screwy but cool you'll be rolling with us Q, char creation tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
Yagaru
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:54 pm

Just so you know, there's a lot of crap going on with idiots rushing to join Zikel. It started with a community from WAR (they cleaned their image now), then Nezekan refugees due to Nezekan becoming an Oceanic server, and now TopGoon is joining. As it stands, my legion may not roll on Zikel at all. Just letting you know, so you can get the word out before pre-select. This is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:00 am

:/ Do you know who they are?
Back to top Go down
Yagaru
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:55 am

Do I know who TopGoons are? They're e-thugs/trolls/terrible players from the SomethingAwful forums. We might still roll on Zikel after all, just because it's too annoying to try and move again. I just wanted to give a heads up in case any of your members had any problems with them. They could just be trolling and not even planning to move.

As for the other morons, they're around, but it's hard to point them out individually. The collective is much easier.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:02 am

I talked it over with Eisley and we are not going to move. If these guys turn out to be as big of d-bags as people make them out to be, then we will just have someone on the Elyos side to laugh at. lol Plus, this could have a reverse effect and make the asmodeans flourish with people wanting a piece of Goons, thus giving us a ton more PvP action.
Back to top Go down
Longy
Peon
Longy

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:11 am

can you guys straighten this out for me? reading this over and reading a lot of other articles it sounds like all of the servers are located in the east coast, however the servers have different time zones so events can take place in the prime time for those players in those areas. if this is so, it doesn't really matter if i play on zikel other than sieges and events will take place 3 hours earlier from my pacific time correct?
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 am

Longy wrote:
can you guys straighten this out for me? reading this over and reading a lot of other articles it sounds like all of the servers are located in the east coast, however the servers have different time zones so events can take place in the prime time for those players in those areas. if this is so, it doesn't really matter if i play on zikel other than sieges and events will take place 3 hours earlier from my pacific time correct?

From my understanding, yes. All servers are located on the east coast. Meaning, you're Ping will be the same regardless. All it changes is when events such as fortress raids become available in regards to "peak" times on West/East coast.
Back to top Go down
Guts
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:05 pm

I didn't get my name Crying or Very sad was gone the instant they came up, I was prolly a second or two too late lol
Back to top Go down
Sierra
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Me too, I don't think I'm gonna be playing on Zikel. Too many jackasses and self proclaimed best-legion-in-aion.
Back to top Go down
Guts
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:23 pm

wow sierra was gone too? wtf Sad
Back to top Go down
Sierra
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:31 pm

Some guy (that I probably know) just reserved the name right when selection is up, probably didn't even bother making the character.
Back to top Go down
Guts
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, I think I shoulda had a like a dozen people try to reserve my name for me lol.
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:46 pm

Did you name you're character Berserk, guts? You said probably in the other post D:
Back to top Go down
Guts
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, I have two names saved atm.

They are berserk and die.

I wish I coulda got guts but about 10 others had the same idea.
Back to top Go down
Eisley
Admin
Eisley

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 1:53 am

That blows. I ended up reserving val's names but I know alot of my choices were gone before I even got in. And a bunch others ended up being invalid because they were norse god names in use by NPCs. Thor apparently contained forbidden words as they put it. I assumed that means theres a Thor NPC
Back to top Go down
Aesir
Admin
Aesir

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 2:36 am

It has to be an NPC, penis and cunt both work, lol.
Back to top Go down
Yagaru
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Apparently Ruin moved from Siel to Zikel. Better get those regional chats disabled.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Beta Server and Game Release   Open Beta Server and Game Release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Beta Server and Game Release
Page 1 of 1